Best Sports Themed Home Theaters and Media Rooms – Gripped by football fever? With the FIFA world cup underway, most of us feel like football pundits anyway and many of us are left scurrying to find a place to watch the game on big screen before we delve into deeper discussions next day at work and at home. Of course, it is always nice to have such a space right at home where friends can hang out together and enjoy all the big ‘game nights’ this world cup and beyond. Home theaters and media rooms offer precisely that and a whole lot more as they can also easily host movie nights and family evenings when the event demands.
A media room, or home theater as it is sometimes referred to, is a space designed to reproduce the intensity of a cinema experience. These rooms are generally fitted with large flat screen televisions or projection screens, ample seating and soft lighting. Some media rooms are giant, enclosed spaces built for large groups of people while others are the size of a standard study or living room designed for a entertaining just a single family.
Whatever your goal, here are a few tips for creating the best media room. How to do it?
- Plan Ahead – Carefully choose your budget and draw up concepts. Do you plan to have a wall mounted screen, or one that descends from the ceiling? What kind of seating will you need, and how many guests will fit inside? Make sure you’ve answered these sorts of questions before you begin the project.
- Consider Multipurpose Designs – Some homeowners want to dedicate an entire room just for the purpose of building a home theater, but others may wish to use the room for other purposes – such as hosting parties. A media room may double as a game room or bar.
- Focus on Lighting – The screen will be a major source of light in the room, and most people prefer extremely dim lighting while watching a movie – if any lighting at all. Choose recessed lighting and simple wall sconces to mimic the look of an authentic cinema.
- Comfort is Key – Remember that the purpose of a media room is to watch movies or television programs such as sports games. In other words, it’s a place to relax. Select plush, comfortable seating with cozy cushions and throw blankets.
- Aim for Simplicity – A media room should have one primary focal point – the screen. Too many distracting designs can detract from this focal point. Instead, choose simple décor to complement the theme of the room. After all, when the lights are dim and the movie is playing, your guests will only be looking at one spot.
While there are many different themes and styles for the home theater to choose from, for the avid sports fan, it is best to have a media room that best reflects your passion. Sports-themed media rooms are easy to decorate and you can do it in a variety of ways without splurging a fortune. From sports jerseys to memorabilia and a whole lot more, here is a look at the various ways in which you can create a stunning sports-themed home theater that will last the test of time.
Remember buying that first replica shirt on the cheap of your favorite star or sports team? Maybe it was Messi’s Argentina t-shirt of Ronaldo’s famous number 7 when he was still playing for United, we all have that cherished memory of wearing of hero’s jersey and feeling like one ourselves. Framed sports jerseys are a great way to decorate the media room and they also bring the walls alive without forcing you to spend a fortune. With right LED lighting and a few framed flags you the perfect setting that showcases your love for the team or star you support.
Collecting sports memorabilia is a passion that never fades away once it catches on to you. From that autographed bat of your favorite baseball player to maybe a basketball signed by Jordon or LeBron, it all starts small and soon you get engulfed in a seemingly magical world! If you are proud owner of sports memorabilia, let them take center stage in the media room. Even if you do not have a vast collection or are just getting started, go out and buy the best pieces you can afford to give the media room a sense of uniqueness even while showcasing your personality.
Sometimes you do not need a whole lot to give a modern or contemporary media room that sports-inspired look. You can add something as simple as pillows with monograms of your favorite team, a few posters on the wall or even just photos of your days in college when you were on the football team to give the room that subtle, sports-themed look. Over time you can switch to movie posters and flashy lights or even other specific themes with ease and without having to later much in terms of décor.
Every sports team is identified by the colors its sports – colors that end up becoming iconic over time. A simple of bringing that love into the home theater is by giving the room colors of your favorite sports theme. Be it is the white blue stripes of Argentina, yellow of Brazil or red of Manchester United, combine this chosen color with a few posters and the right lighting for that picture-perfect sports-themed media room.